Saturday, April 05, 2008

Blue Saturday Skies

smiling at me. Nothing but blue Saturday Skies do I see...

Ok, and a green leafy tree to break up the monotony. After a solid week of clouds, I was glad to see the sun come out--even if it took until nearly sunset for it to appear.

The leaf I posted last week looks like this now.

And the iris are blooming. I don't have many of them in my yard, and the ones I have are a real treasure.


The iris was my dad's favorite flower. He liked the blue ones, though. I tried growing several different varieties of them, but they've all died. Except for these white ones, which ironically enough, grow wild here. Which also, ironically enough, is probably why I haven't killed them yet. I tried gardening many years ago, when Cody was small and I hadn't lived here very long. I had iris, roses, coneflowers, daisies, gladiolus, crocuses, tulips, lilies, and several other varieties of flowers in my gardens. It didn't take long for me to realize that gardening just wasn't my strong suit and I'd be better off just enjoying the flowers that God planted for me.

So I do. And I hope you've enjoyed them, too.

5 comments:

SJ said...

Beautiful spring and beautiful photos.

The iris is my favorite flower as well. My mom had the most amazing variety planted in our back garden when I was growing up. It grew tall and strong, and the lavender-blue petals were twice the size of any other iris I had seen anywhere else.

Thanks for rekindling the memory!

Becky G said...

Thank you SJ, and you're welcome as well!

Inquiries said...

Great pictures Becky. I love the wisteria one. I want to take some pictures of the flowers but no one I know has one. :( The white iris is beautiful.

Opal said...

You may not be a gardener, but you are a wonderful photographer! Those are some gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Buck said...

I love iris, too. Roses are my fave (how predictable, eh?), followed by lilacs. Lilacs don't last long, but they are oh-so-fragrant! And almost non-existent here on The High Plains of New Mexico... {sigh}

Great pics. As always.