Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Is Done

One Baudelaire, that is.


It is incredibly difficult to take pictures of your own feet! It's probably a good thing I quit knitting when I did, as the sock was already getting too tight to pull it up all the way. It could have stood to be a few inches shorter, but I wasn't going to try to undo what I'd already done. If I ever knit these socks again, I'll just follow the pattern as is.

So once I finished this, what did I do? What I should have done is cast on the second sock, but no. I cast on another charity scarf. No pictures yet as it is only two rows long at the moment.

I think I'm trying to get sick again. I've got sinus pressure and a heavy chest. What I don't have is energy. In fact, I'm considering skipping karate and going to bed early.

The more I think about it, the more I like that idea.

10 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Pretty sock! Nifty color too - a nice bright cherry red that isn't too dark, if my screen is to be believed.

I hope a night off kicks whatever it is you have developing. Good luck!

Inquiries said...

The sock is pretty! You have the best looking socks around! I love the pattern and color.

Junk Diva said...

That is a great sock, very pretty. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Buck said...

Hope you're feeling better today, Becky.

I like the color of the sock, too. I'm not qualified to comment, otherwise.

mornin'lady said...

Becky the sock is very pretty!!!!! Very delicate looking, I like it!
I sure hope you get lots of rest and shake that bug!

Becky G said...

Cindy, thank you. Unfortunately, the sock is not that bright, but I can't seem to capture its true color. It is more of a burgundy.

Ashley, why thank you!

Diva, Buck, and Dawn, thank you, too. I am feeling some better, though I'm still pretty congested. It's a wonder what a full night's sleep can do for a body!

Opal said...

Gorgeous sock, Becky! I love the color and it really makes the pattern pop.

Becky G said...

Thank you Opal.

Bag Blog said...

Now that is a nice sock! I saw a thing on the travel channel where the lady was in Ireland. She was looking at fisherman's sweaters - the different cables and such knitted into the sweater supposedly belong to different families - interesting. You could have your own family sock.

Becky G said...

Lou, I've heard that story, too, how each family had its own patterns for sweaters and such. I've also heard that that is just a myth, but I rather like to think that it is true.