Friday, April 18, 2008

Photography Course Assignment #2

The second assignment for my photography course was to take pictures of the same subject from several different viewpoints. This is part 2 of the first lesson, which covers composition. My subject is one you've seen before.

Assignment 2

I just love these old wheels. They are so photogenic and, though seemingly tossed carelessly into the back yard, have provided me with a wealth of photo opportunities.

Assignment 2

They evoke the nostalgia of a simpler time. I can imagine them coming from an old tractor or wagon.

Assignment 2

The assignment was to choose two or three favorites. I have a few more than that.

Assignment 2

I couldn't decide which ones I liked best.

Assignment 2

I hope you've enjoyed them, too.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good choice, and I can see why you'd have a hard time choosing just 2 or 3! Very nice composition of each photo. I think you have a very good perspective.

Buck said...

I hope you've enjoyed them, too.

I did, especially the full-size versions.

The "interesting" thing about digital photography is making the required compromise between re-sizing and/or cropping a photo to fit the screen when viewing on the computer. Which, of course is made more difficult when you realize there's a wide variation in resolution and screen sizes out there. What looks good on one monitor may look much-less-so on another. But that's part of the fun, innit?

Inquiries said...

Great pictures. I like these photography classes they teach you the mechanics of photography.

Becky G said...

Dani, thank you.

Buck, thank you. You know, I don't really think much about how my pictures will look on a computer screen. I think about how they will look hanging on a wall. I take photographs with that in mind, and they always seem to come out right. Of course, with digital cameras, you can just delete the ones that aren't quite right, and that's definitely part of the fun!

But I do understand what you are saying about screen sizes and such. I agree with you, too. If it were too easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

Ashley, I'm enjoying the lessons, too. I've only just now gotten to read lesson two. I hope in the next few days to get the assignments done. Are you posting on their forums? I haven't yet. I've just posted my stuff here. Perhaps I should post on the forums. Y'all are all too nice!

Becky G said...

P.S. None of these photos were cropped or reworked in any way. How you see them is exactly how they came out of the camera. I just don't get into all that fiddly stuff in those photo manipulating programs.

Junk Diva said...

Very nice. I may need to check out this course.

Bag Blog said...

I like all of these, but the second one is my fav.

Becky G said...

Diva, you should. It is a good course from what I've seen so far.

Lou, thank you.