Monday, April 14, 2008

A Surprise

We've had Katie for 12 years now. She is a well trained dog--not given to having accidents or to destructive behavior. I can leave her in the house all day and not worry that she will have torn anything up. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work and discovered this:

It had to have been Katie because she was the only one in the house. Rylea was outside. Yes, there are teeth marks in the blinds. I just can't imagine what possessed her to do this. I can't imagine her doing it at all as a matter of fact. It's just so not like her. The blinds themselves aren't that big a deal--they're cheap at Wal-Mart. It's just that this is such unusual behavior for Katie.

After the initial shock, I consoled myself with a little knitting and Talking Cowboys.

This is the second charity scarf I cast on yesterday. Lion Brand Fun Fur yarn in Raspberry and size 13 needles. These knit up really quickly.

Tonight's black belt class was a little weird. We started off going over seisan bunkai so that we could help teach it to the lower ranks. The last few minutes of class were spent going over kata. Joshua worked with the two brown belts on kusanku kata. And I -- I spent the class teaching bo kata to the one who beat me with it in the tournament. It just felt weird. She beat me with the kata on Saturday and now I'm teaching it to her. She said she couldn't remember how it went, so she'd added a few things, and left a few things out, and got through the kata the best she could.

"Yes," I said, "but you did it convincingly!"

I apologize if I sounded a bit like sour grapes in yesterday's post. Yeah, I was a bit upset about it. I did a good kata and yet I lost to someone who didn't even know the kata. But I'm over it now.

Mostly...

6 comments:

Carol said...

Maybe someone was trying to break in? and she was protecting the house!

Inquiries said...

Oops (concerning Katie) Maybe there was something outside. Or she was mad at you. ;)

The scarf looks great.

The class does sound a little weird. You handled it well though.

Bag Blog said...

Something really bothered Katie. Maybe someone or thing was at the window.

Buck said...

I'm with everyone else. I think something or someone was at the window...

Becky G said...

Agreed--something was outside. The question is what? I can't imagine any of the usual culprits--dogs, rabbits, squirrels, people--eliciting such a response.

Cody says he's going to hire a private investigator to solve the mystery. I say he's been watching too much Magnum P.I.

Junk Diva said...

I think it was a fly, but if you get get Magnum to investigate call me. I will come help.