Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What Makes You Happy?

*Editor's note: This is the post I would have posted yesterday if we'd had phone lines.

Chrispy recently had her first 29th birthday. Now, I know that most of my readers have had several 29th birthdays, but this is Chrispy's first. First of many, I hope. To celebrate the occasion, she is holding a contest on her blog. All ya gotta do is to post what makes you happay, either in the comments or on your own blog.

So, what makes me happy? I'll tell ya:

  • Hot chocolate on a cold day
  • Cold days
  • Snow
  • Snow on days I have off from work
  • Waking up on days off and knowing I don't have to do anything I don't want to
  • When the end of shift buzzer goes off, and I go clock out and leave the building. That first step out of the door--I can feel my entire body relaxing and going "ahhhhh"
  • Getting home at the end of the day and seeing the dogs bounding up to meet me with their entire back ends wagging
  • Snuggling under an afghan with my knitting and a good movie
  • A good book
  • Taking a vacation day for no other reason than because I can
  • When Johnny L takes a vacation day--that's like a vacation for the rest of us as well
  • Cracking a joke and hearing people laugh--not the polite it-wasn't-that-funny-but-I- don't-want-to-hurt-your-feelings kind of laugh, but real, honest to goodness belly laughs
  • Sunsets
  • Sunrises
  • The absolute, unadulterated sheer joy of being alive

Now it's your turn. What makes you happy?

No comments: