Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blogoversary!

Today is my blogoversary, and what do you know, this year I actually remembered it!  Usually, sometime in December, I think back and say, "Oh, yeah..."

But this year, I remembered, and I thought a fun little way to mark the occasion --well, fun for me, for you, maybe not so much-- would be to look back at what I posted each year on my blogoversary.  Let's start with 2005.  Really, has it really been 7 years?

Yep...

OK, I won't post the entire post from each year, but I will link to them all just in case you are entangled in a fit of insomnia and really, really need to get some sleep.  

2005: 
I've only been drawing a short time--less than a year. In order to improve my sketching skill, I decided to try to do a quick sketch every day. This is the first of my five minute sketches. It is of my cat Squeaky, drawn as she sat staring into that place only cats can see. 

2006:
Today is my blogging anniversary. One year ago today, I took the plunge with this post. I don't even do my daily sketches any more, but I miss them. I want to get started back to sketching.  

2007:
My new favorite commercial: (Be sure to click through and watch both commercials.  The second one especially.)

2008:
Cody had his first JROTC inspection Friday. You know how I know? Because he came running in at 10:00 Thursday night saying he needed his creases ironed into his uniform shirt.

2009:
Sunday's Post a little late. I'd meant to get it up yesterday. Really I did.

2010:
Because 2-7 never looked so good!

2011:

Too Little Sleep and not enough excitement in my life leads to boring blog posts.  The most colorful thing in my life right now is my Christmas Cactus. 


There, now, wasn't that fun?  I thought so, at least.  It's been quite a journey, it was fun reminiscing about old times.  Looking at old pictures.  Awwwing over how little Cody was when I started. 

Gratuitous cute puppy pictures of Rylea and Jake.  Old photos of Katie...

I've enjoyed this still down memory lane.  I hope you did, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Betsy!

Bag Blog said...

Happy Blogoversary! It doesn't seem that it has been 7 years, but time flies when you are having fun - or your children are growing up.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou. I got the little painting today. I love it! You are right, it does remind me of Italy. I need to find a frame for it so I can hang it in my kitchen. Thank you so much!